Focus: Police Supervisors from FTO’s to Chief Executives, agency risk managers, and police civil attorneys.
Length: 8 hours
Also available: "Corrections Supervisor Force Liability Prevention"
Police supervisors require training in the latest reporting and liability prevention methods to ensure proper conduct for the officers they supervise. This course increases the supervisor's ability to protect him-/herself, his/her officers, the agency, and the citizens served in every force response event.
How do you take a dry subject like "civil liability prevention and mitigation" and make it interesting, often humorous, always relevant, and instantly applicable to police supervisors? We do it in a course that is routinely one of the highest rated seminars of its type. In an era of increased likelihood of being named a defendant, decreased budgets, and motivated legal professionals who are trained and focused on winning in police litigation cases, you and your officers need the cutting edge concepts of proven liability prevention and mitigation this training seminar offers.
Plaintiffs have changed their strategies. Ever since Sgt. Stacy Koon went to jail, they know your supervisors live with a nagging fear that something their officers do will create criminal and civil liability for them. We provide realistic supervisory liability awareness, prevention, and mitigation practices for your supervisors in an instantly applicable format. This course assists your police supervisors and managers in:
- Understanding their legal obligations as a supervisor, and the limits to the real civil and criminal liability they have as a supervisor.
- Achieving proper conduct in the force response through increased knowledge of the laws of force (both federal and your state law).
- Proving that proper conduct through the reporting and documentation of their own as well as their officers' actions.
This is a nuts and bolts class that avoids "difficult-to-translate-in-the-field" legal theories that are typical of police academy and legal update training. Instead, this class gives you reasonable and instantly applicable methods of protecting your name, agency, and your financial assets after you did the job right.
This course was developed with the input and assistance of the top police civil defense attorneys and police risk managers in the nation--people who work full-time to defend officers in federal courts against allegations of constitutional misconduct by officers.
CUTTING EDGE TRAINING asked them a simple question:
- "What do you want your defendant police supervisor to know before he or she takes the stand in federal Court?"
This is the information the professionals who defend you want you to know!
- Current Plaintiff's Tactics and Threats
- Realistic Supervisor Liability Threats and Solutions
- Constitutional Limits to the Police Force Response
- Force Documentation
- Current Force Reporting Requirements