Length: 8 hours
Also available: "Corrections Force Liability Prevention"
How do you take a dry subject like "civil liability prevention and mitigation" and make it interesting, often humorous, always relevant, and instantly applicable to you and your officers? We do it in a course that is routinely one of the highest rated seminars of its type. In an era of increased likelihood of being named a defendant, decreased budgets, and motivated legal professionals who are trained and focused on winning in police litigation cases, you and your officers need the cutting edge concepts of liability prevention and mitigation this training seminar offers.
This course assists your officers in:
- Achieving proper conduct in the force response through increased knowledge of the laws of force (both federal and your state law) and their ability to articulate their reasonable actions.
- Articulating and justifying that proper conduct through the reporting and documentation of their actions.
Your officers' proper conduct in the field means almost nothing if there is no ability to later prove that proper conduct. The "Force Response Civil Liability Prevention" course provides every officer with the means of understanding the limits of force, and to articulate their actions in a reasonable force event to a degree most have never experienced. We give them the training that allows them to confidently explain their reasonable force employment in the field. This course provides comprehensive reporting standards and suggestions in an ultimately useful manner that really does effect change in the reporting habits of officers.
Why this course? It was developed with direct input and assistance of the top police civil defense attorneys and police risk managers in the nation--dedicated professionals who work full-time to defend you and your officers in federal and state courts against allegations of constitutional or negligent misconduct by officers.
CUTTING EDGE TRAINING asked them a simple question:
"What do you want your defendant officers to know BEFORE they take the stand in Federal Court?"
This is the information the professionals who defend you want you to know!
- Current Plaintiff's Threats
- Constitutional Limits to the Police Force Response
- Force Response Documentation
- Current Force Response Reporting Requirements
- Articulating Your Force Response